The Dean SBS is critically involved in issues relating to academic leadership, strategic planning, budget, curriculum, research and setting academic rules and policies of the School, as well as of the IBA. The incumbent is a key participant in external relations of the university, including fundraising, alumni relations, economic development and public relations.
Dean SBS must be an effective advocate for the School, both within the university and externally and have ultimate accountability for the School’s sound management of resources, both, fiscal and human. The Dean will be responsible for the School’s planning, including alignment of plans for educational, research and other activities in their areas.
All Deans will be appointed as a Professor and need to fulfil the requirements to be a Professor at the IBA. Each Dean will have a tenure of three years, extendable for a second term if they so choose, and will resume their duties as a Professor after their tenure is completed.
- Formulating a strategy and plan that engages faculty members towards the stated vision and mission of the School and the IBA.
- Building leadership capability, research profiles and academic reputation across the School
contribution to their field.
- The Dean SBS is expected to provide intellectual leadership to their School and to the IBA overall, being acknowledged as scholars having made some
- Ensuring effective team working and positive staff engagement in all activities.
- Professor as per IBA criteria*
- The ideal candidate should have a number of years of progressively responsible professional level experience in higher education, some of which must be serving in a leading position with experience of directly managing a large team of diverse portfolios in an academic/research environment.
- PhD Degree from HEC recognized University/Institute in the relevant discipline.
Company: Institute of Business Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Karachi, Sindh
Application Deadline: N/A