The Dean SMCS is critically involved in issues relating to academic leadership, strategic planning, budget, curriculum, research and setting academic rules and policies of the School, as well as of the IBA. The incumbent is a key participant in external relations of the university, including fundraising, alumni relations, economic development and public relations.
Dean SMCS must be an effective advocate for the School, both within the university and externally and have ultimate accountability for the School’s sound management of resources, both, fiscal and human. The Dean will be responsible for the School’s planning, including alignment of plans for educational, research and other activities in their areas.
All Deans will be appointed as a Professor and need to fulfil the requirements to be a Professor at the IBA. Each Dean will have a tenure of three years, extendable for a second term if they so choose, and will resume their duties as a Professor after their tenure is completed.
- Building leadership capability, research profiles and academic reputation across the School
- Ensuring effective team working and positive staff engagement in all activities.
- Ensuring the academic integrity curricular coherence of all programs and departments
- To foster an excellent academic environment that ensures each student receives quality teaching and feedback from supportive academics to allow them to achieve their potential.
- Formulating a strategy and plan that engages faculty members towards the stated vision and mission of the School and the IBA.
- The Dean SMCS is expected to provide intellectual leadership to their School and to the IBA overall, being acknowledged as scholars having made some
- To construct and maintain overall quality standards of the programs, such as revision in curricula, innovative teaching pedagogies and impactful research.
- Developing a strategy for talent management and to attract best faculty across the globe
contribution to their field.
- Leading the School’s accreditation (Local and Foreign) by ensuring the highest standards of research, teaching, and learning outcomes.
- Ensuring sustainability of the school’s programs by enriching existing programs and develop new ones as per the requirements.
- Demonstrating strong interdisciplinary scholarly skills for effective and successful collaboration between & within departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record of teamwork, collaboration and building a progressive / conducive environment
- Exceptional academic background, research acumen and an ability to inspire develop and manage School performance across all levels
Qualification & Experience:
- Professor as per IBA criteria
- The ideal candidate should have a number of years of progressively responsible professional level experience in higher education, some of which must be serving in a leading position with experience of directly managing a large team of diverse portfolios in an academic/research environment.
- PhD Degree from HEC recognized University/Institute in the relevant discipline.
Company: Institute of Business Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rawalpindi, Punjab
Application Deadline: N/A