View All WHO Jobs World Health Organization (WHO)
The mission of the WHO Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
- Liaise on multi-disciplinary and cross-cutting approaches and activities with key partners, at the country level, to ensure the successful implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacities in line with IHR (2005) requirements, as well as the identification of financing for country plans.
- Provide guidance and training to national authorities to develop critical core capacities. Support the implementation of policies, norms, standards and guidelines to support the development of critical core capacities for global health security.
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Provide substantive support to – and thereby facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of country strategies and workplans pertaining to the Country Health Emergency Preparedness & International Health Regulations national programme, ensuring compliance with WHO’s organization -wide CPI strategies.
- As and when required, support the assessment of the performance of national transport, tourism and mass gatherings capacity, the dissemination of practical guidelines, facilitate the effective implementation of national surveillance systems in accordance with IHR (2005) requirements.
- Track the status of technical and financial support to country core capacities, the development of national action plans and the costing to prepare for, detect and mount a rapid and effective response to public health emergencies.
- In close collaboration with the Country Office, support the provision of data and information required for any IHR-related documents to be presented to WHO Governing bodies, IHR Emergency Committee or an IHR Review Committee or an IHR technical consultation.
- Knowledge of International Health Regulations (2005), the epidemiology of infectious diseases and other global health security threats, and of issues and practices for disease prevention and control.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and produce results under pressure.
- Proven ability to manage projects, build partnerships with multiple partners in the context of health emergencies.
Qualification & Experience:
- First level university degree in a health related field or a Medical degree from an accredited/ recognized institute.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in planning, developing and implementing health security, emergency, surveillance, disease control, and/or public health programmes.
- Relevant experience with the inter-agency mechanisms used to coordinate international preparedness for and response to health emergencies, including those most relevant to coordination of health policy and action in health emergencies. Relevant experience in the implementation of International Health Regulations (2005).
Company: World Health Organization (WHO)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lahore, Punjab
Application Deadline: N/A